"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Checklist to use When Choosing a Speech-Language Pathologist
Our Mission is:
- To help clients reach their full potential by offering exemplary therapeutic services in an atmosphere of kindness, integrity and accountability
- To earn the respect of referral sources by providing measurable results
- To provide a work environment that keeps employees challenged, satisfied and motivated
We Hire Full-Time Therapists on Salary
- Most private therapists are paid per billable hour and are part-time
- We hire full-time therapists to maximize scheduling flexibility (we can usually book appointments within two weeks, and we have evening appointments available)
- We pay our therapists a regular salary so their efforts are 100% focused on clinical excellence, not counting billable hours
- Having a number of therapists working full-time in each clinic, without worry over their billable hours, allows them to brainstorm and collaborate so every client gets the benefit of several skilled individuals.
We Don’t Just Say We are Committed to Clinical Excellence – We Do It!
- Each therapist sees just 3-5 clients a day – therapists have time to research and plan to ensure our clients get the most effective and meaningful service possible
- We have a balance between breadth and depth of expertise – we see a variety of different client types so that we keep a broad perspective and can apply new learning across clients; but we don’t serve too many different populations so that we can still develop depth of expertise for the people we do work with
- We have regular caseload review meetings with every individual therapist to ensure that our clients have many minds helping provide them with excellent intervention
- We have monthly clinical meetings with all therapists to discuss innovative and effective new approaches
- We have an in-depth Performance Evaluation and Goal Setting system to ensure all staff achieve superior levels of technical and interpersonal skill
- Our therapists work only for us, they are not “moonlighting” – our energies are fully devoted to the clients in this clinic
- We participate in research independently and with universities
We have Overhead – and it’s Actually a Good Thing!
- We have a secretary to ensure calls are answered quickly, and to allow our therapists to focus on clinical activities rather than administrative duties
- We purchase state-of-the art tests, equipment and materials
- We have a pleasant and comfortable clinic environment
- We are wheelchair accessible and we have free parking